Ithaca Dining Services will provide a zero-waste food service - as everything served will be compostable or recyclable. We will also provide nutritional information and encourage guests minimize waste by taking only what will be consumed. Also, the “You’ve Been Spotted” program will encourage 300 students and guests to win free coffee or tea, if spotted with a reusable mug at the conference. During meals at NCUR, sustainability interns will be available to discuss sustainability initiatives in the Hill Center Lobby. Also, NCUR attendees will have the opportunity to enter a raffle to win a gift bag made from water bottles.
The winner of the raffle will receive:
- Gym bag made from recycled water bottles
- Eco-friendly kitchen set constructed of bamboo that includes a serving spoon, strainer spoon and spatula
- Ceramic mug and spoon set
- Ceramic on-the-go mug
- Eco friendly T-shirt
- Two bulb crank flashlight with hand crank to charge lights. Slide switch on/off. LED bulb, no batteries needed. Made from recycled materials
- Grow your own basil plant with a recyclable tin potter. Just add water!
- Acrylic Tumbler with Straw. This is BPA-free, featuring doublewall construction and an acrylic straw. The lid screws on to keep your tumbler secure. This is a great container for iced-coffee.
- Reusable shopping bag made from recycled materials
We look forward to sharing all the Ithaca Dining Services is doing to become more sustainable. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org