Monday, October 28, 2013

It's easy to go meatless, pun'kin!

The mornings are cold and crisp in Ithaca. We are in the mist of autumn and it has been a great one so far! As midterms come and go, all of us are looking for comforting meals that will keep us warm and movin' through the semester!

On some Meatless Monday’s, us foodies love to highlight a meatless food favorite. I can’t think of a better food to highlight that will satisfy every taste bud and warm your soul better than PUMPKIN! Pumpkin. Is. Everything.  Last fall we gave you some recommendations on the best pumpkin recipes known to man, but guess what? We have more!

Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Picture I took when I made it last week!
Yours could look this good too!

Cheese Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
This recipe is as awesome as it sounds. It’s savory, sweet, cheesy, warm, and delectable. The best part? IT’S EASY. It’s an simple recipe for any college student who may not have a large kitchen full of cooking utensils. Take it from me, you will not regret making this recipe. It’s so good I doubled it and served it to everyone that I know!
This is the one I used, It’s fab. 
http://www.handletheheat.com/2012/10/tortellini-with-pumpkin-alfredo-sauce.html

Pumpkin Smoothie
This is the only recipe that I'm highlighting that I haven't tried yet. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because I know that it's amazing, because how can it not be? It has banana, cinnamon, ginger, and pumpkin all mixed into one! If you make one, please share! 
http://www.fitsugar.com/Pumpkin-Spice-Smoothie-2010-10-19-100017-11528628

Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
Presenting the perfect autumn snack! Similar to the old puppy chow favorite of milk chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, this new spin includes a pumpkin spice kick! Warning: doubling this recipe may lead to constant snacking, but you made it through midterms and deserve a treat, which is why I recommend you do it!
Here’s the recipe I used.
http://therecipecritic.com/2012/10/pumpkin-spice-buddies/

Pumpkin Seeds
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b7/04/0a/b7040a181836203e6faea999ca255634.jpgOk, so I know that I said every recipe that I’ve listed so far is easy, but really you can’t get any easier than this. Convince your lovely roommates that a trip to the pumpkin farm and carving a jack-o-lantern is the best way to spend a fall day. Save all the seeds from the jack-o-lantern and wash them to get rid of all the pumpkin guts. Then spread the seeds out on a cookie tray, and bake them for a few minutes! The best part is, you can add whichever spices you like to personalize it to how you're feeling that day.
Note: Don’t forget that the pumpkin seeds are in the oven and burn them like I did. Oops.
Here’s a recipe with ten different ideas of how to prepare them!
http://www.swankyrecipes.com/pumpkin-seed-recipes.html

So now that you are well prepared to make everything pumpkin and make everyone who lives with/around you want to be your friend, go on and try a recipe! And let us know how it goes! Or come share some with us! 

-Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment